ICITAP General Inspectorate Advisor - Ukraine
Amentum is a premier global services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. Amentum draws from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics. Headquartered in Germantown, Md., Amentum employs more than 50,000 people on all seven continents.
Amentum is supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in providing specialized training, advisory and mentoring services to host nations under the Criminal Division’s International Criminal Investigative Training and Assistance Program (ICITAP). https://www.justice.gov/criminal-icitap.
ICITAP is a cornerstone of America’s global strategy for combating transnational crime, terrorism, countering trafficking in persons, establishing rule of law and enhancing human rights in developing countries. Amentum is the contract service provider to the DOJ ICITAP and Overseas Prosecutorial Development, Assistance and Training (OPDAT) programs.
Please Note: This is an Independent Contractor position with Amentum, it should not be considered an employment relationship with Amentum.
Amentum is currently seeking a qualified candidates to serve as General Inspectorate Advisors in Kyiv, Ukraine. NOTE: This position is currently remote. This position will be responsible for providing expert advice, mentoring, and training to the National Police of Ukraine (NPU) as they transition away from the Soviet era Personnel Inspectorate and Analytics model towards a truer form of an Inspector General Division. The position oversees the management policies and procedures for inspection of police units to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and investigations of allegations of police criminal misconduct. Field inspectors will be moving away from the concept of punishment-focused interactions with law enforcement to coaching and mentoring officers and using analytics to determine root causes of systemic problems (i.e., training deficiencies, policy conflict or absence, lack of supervision, etc.).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advise the NPU and Ministry of Interior on needed changes to legislation.
- Conduct training of inspectors and investigators to improve their ability to detect and investigate violations of standard procedures and law.
- Advise NPU leadership on public affairs efforts to increase transparency and accountability to Ukraine citizens.
- Conduct training for NPU personnel in interview and interrogation skills.
- Conduct training for NPU personnel in case management principles.
- Train NPU inspectors and supervisors/management in contemporary leadership and management skills.
- Identify and prioritize NPU equipment needs and recommend procurement actions to meet the most critical requirements.
- Assess and coordinate, as required, with other international law enforcement donor efforts.
- Provide regular updates to Program management and US Embassy counterparts on project successes, challenges, and opportunities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years LE experience with at least ten (10) years of police oversight or internal affairs experience.
- Experience working with all facets of developing, advising, training and mentoring law enforcement programs specifically in Internal Affairs and/or Law Enforcement Inspector General fields.
- Specialized investigative experience in the field(s) of police oversight and/or public corruption.
- Experience as an instructor in fields related to criminal justice reform, including leadership and management principles and internal investigations involving allegations against law enforcement personnel.
- Documented advanced report writing skills.
- Documented ability to assess, evaluate, and produce written communications articulating necessary steps to address sustainable staffing, structure, policy, training, and equipment needs of police oversight personnel tasked with conducting criminal investigations of police misconduct.
Clearable: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Moderate Public Trust US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Moderate Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years law enforcement experience, with at least ten (10) years of investigative experience preferably in Internal Affairs or Law Enforcement Inspector General field.
- Experience in the field(s) of policy reform, organizational development, and criminal investigations.
- Proven ability to operate windows applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience OCONUS
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.