Industrial / Producibility Engineer SME
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Amentum is seeking an Industrial / Producibility Engineer SME in Fort Belvoir, VA to provide senior level industrial/producibility engineering services on PEO Soldier programs. Subject matter expert for manufacturing, production engineering, and affordability on assigned programs.
- Participate in design reviews and IPTs, with the goal of influencing the design process, to ensure the design is stable and producible, efficient, and can be manufactured using existing facilities, tools, equipment, and people.
- Evaluate production plans for assigned systems, and ensure the system contractor has properly prepared for production, and has a plan of execution that is thorough and affordable.
- Monitor execution of the production plan to ensure the design intent is achieved, system is of high quality, processes are capable and focused on continuous improvement, and that the required schedule is achievable with the current process.
- Reviews technical documentation such as specifications, engineering drawings, system interface requirements, engineering changes, test plans/procedure/reports, and failure reports for producibility and manufacturing concerns.
- Assess associated technology, design, and manufacturing maturity, manufacturing risk, dependencies on foreign source materials, and evaluate the industrial base.
- Conduct Production Readiness Reviews to determine whether the program is ready to enter the production and deployment phase.
- Review program management documents, such as acquisition strategy, for aspects related to manufacturing management, source selection, productivity improvement, and depot maintenance or repair facility operations.
- Audit process documentation and work instructions, identify deficiencies relative to the contract requirements, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Evaluate proposed process improvements or lean six sigma efforts.
- Review supplier management, configuration management, and process controls in place on contractor production lines.
- Must be currently working on a PM IVAS contract.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must possess a valid Secret security clearance.
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering or Equivalent and 15 or more years relevant experience.
- Subject matter expert for manufacturing, production engineering, manufacturing maturity, manufacturing risk and affordability.