Amentum at GE Lafayette Aircraft Engine Assembly is seeking a 1st shift Janitor to join our Operations & Maintenance team at a major manufacturing plant in Lafayette, Indiana
- Typical work hours are Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; hours may vary based on business demand. These positions work with a diverse janitorial team to deliver specialized cleaning services in a high visibility environment.
- Performs high/low dusting, vacuuming, disinfecting, spot cleaning, and trash removal.
- Washes windows, walls, and restroom facilities.
- Replenishes supplies as needed.
- Operates floor cleaning, waxing, and polishing equipment, as well as various wet/dry vacuum cleaner models.
- Inspects all equipment for proper operation.
- Sweeps, mops, and/or scrubs hallways and stairs.
- Observes, identifies, and reports any potential safety hazards to Supervisor for resolution.
- Assists in the movement and relocation of furniture and equipment as needed.
- Responds to customer questions and complaints to ensure positive resolution.
- Recommends and implements improved work methods and procedures.
- Ensures all safety policies and procedures are enforced.
- Performs related duties as assigned and required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- One year of custodial, janitorial, or housekeeping experience.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English proficiently.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require overtime various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 30 lbs.
- Requires the ability to work inside and outside in diverse weather conditions.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Janitorial experience in a fast-paced, high visibility environment.
- Experience with modern cleaning methods, materials, disinfectants, chemicals, etc.
- Experience operating floor scrubbers and other cleaning equipment.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment, including applying proper safety practices and following procedures while performing maintenance tasks.