DARPA Senior Engineer – Propulsion, Structures & Materials, Aerodynamics
Senior Engineer – Propulsion, Structures & Materials, Aerodynamics
Amentum is a leading provider of engineering, scientific, and program management support services. We are at the forefront of breakthrough technology development and demonstration programs in multiple areas, including hypersonics, Unmanned Air Vehicle and Autonomous Systems, advanced sensors, propulsion, aircraft and space science systems.
We are currently seeking talented, enthusiastic, and dynamic individuals to support DARPA in formulating, coordinating, monitoring, and transitioning advanced research and development programs to the U.S. military. Applicants must possess superior oral and written communications skills. Candidates should be self-starters capable of working both independently and as part of a cross-functional team working in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
Location: Arlington, Virginia
25% travel may be required
Technical and management responsibilities may include:
- Providing engineering and program management support of advanced technology research, development and demonstration programs
- Performing independent technical assessments and feasibility analyses of new technologies and system designs
- Providing technical leadership and oversight during program execution throughout the program lifecycle
- Supporting weekly cross-functional technical coordination, interchange meetings, and major program design reviews throughout program lifecycle
- Developing certification plans in accordance with current military certification standards, reviewing documentation, and reporting findings to leadership
- Supporting test plan development, readiness reviews, attending, monitoring, and reporting on subsystem component testing, system verification testing and demonstrations.
- Support evaluating new program concepts, technical proposals, and white papers; develop and support execution of program acquisition strategy, source selection evaluation, and briefing support,
- Authoring program status briefings and technical reports
- BS with 15 years’ experience or MS with 10 years
- Experience in relevant Department of Defense research and development programs
- The ability to maintain a Secret clearance Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced, multidisciplinary, and collaborative team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience providing daily interface with a Government Program Manager and integrated product teams providing proactive program management and coordination support. Demonstrated creativity, foresight, professionalism, and mature judgement in anticipating and solving program management, financial, business, or administrative problems.
- Demonstrated experience in technical, managerial or scientific fields and have expert credentials or be recognized as an authority and have the mature judgement required to advise senior government personnel.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of systems engineering techniques and tools to the development of aerospace systems, and demonstrated experience with the certification and clearance of those systems.
- Demonstrated experience in cost analysis, acquisition process, negotiations and system engineering. Experience with DARPA acquisition processes and requirements.
- An active Top Secret and ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
Highly Desired qualifications (one or more of the following):
- Demonstrated experience with engine cycle definition, propulsion system design, development, integration, and testing of modern high-speed engines, inlets, and exhausts.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, development, manufacturing, and test of aerospace systems using advanced materials, unique structures, and test techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in the execution and analysis of: wind tunnel tests, computational fluid dynamics, system tests, performance evaluation and construction of aerodynamic databases for aerospace systems.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.