Electro – Optical and Repair Technician
We are currently hiring an Electro – Optical and Repair Technician to join our team working aboard MCAGCC 29 Palms. Responsibilities include completing repairs and installations of ground ordnance laser and night vision devices, small missile systems, and other fire control equipment.
Who We Are
Our Tactical Global Solutions team is composed of military and law enforcement professionals with a combined experience of hundreds of years in today’s challenging and demanding world. Our goal is to provide customers with the best service and satisfaction they can experience.
What We Offer
- Health and Welfare Supplemental Wage
- 401K Plan Option
- Career advancement opportunities, promote from within
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose and restore assigned electro-optical components to operational condition.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and/or adjusting major components and systems such as electronic controls, circuitry, display-units of ground ordnance vison and fire-control devices.
- Isolate and repair complex malfunctions which are often difficult to trace by a combination of visual and auditory examinations and require a wide variety of test equipment.
- Comply with established safe work practices and attend to all safety-related training provided or made available by the Company.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Six (6) years of experience in electro optical maintenance or Associates Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to research and interpret technical instructions, specifications and blueprint reading.
- Three (3) years of automated information system reporting such as GCSS-MC.
- Ability to troubleshoot and test equipment and components with oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and spectrum analyzers provided by the Government.
- Ability to repair and rebuild components and perform quality control checks and services utilizing factory diagnostic equipment and software.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose thermal sights.
- Ability to document and record maintenance actions and functions within automated information systems and maintenance logs.
- Ability to obtain a Common Access Card, in order to access MCEN and GCSS-MC.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to bend, kneel, and climb
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds
- Frequent bending and twisting in performance of job functions.
- Ability to handle exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, and safely working around moving equipment.
The wage range for this position is $34.22 Hourly, commensurate with experience.
TGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at TGS, please contact our HR department. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss reasonable accommodation.