Nuclear Facility Training Intern
The Waste Treatment Plant is one of the world’s largest construction projects located on the Department of Energy Hanford Site, located in Richland, WA. The Training family is responsible for all activities relating to procedures development and training associated with plant equipment and systems.
This position shall be performed under the day-to-day direction, control and supervision of WTCC
- Develop Excel spreadsheets, pivot tables, and triggers to automate qualification tracking.
- Assist in training coordination activities
- Assist in the conduct of classroom training evolutions
- Assist in identifying and procuring innovative training props, tools, training simulation devices
- Assist in validation of training material through plant walk downs and simulator run time.
- This job description is not intended to include every duty, task or instruction for which an employee is responsible. Other tasks may be assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisors request
- Support the Waste Treatment Plant Nuclear Safety Quality Culture by emphasizing the values of safety and quality in the performance of work in order to protect self, others, and the environment
(OFNM) Office Field Non-Manual
Performs deskwork, including writing, computer workstation processes, and telephone operations. Arranges for and\or performs presentations, oral reports, planning meetings, and other formal or informal contacts, requiring long periods of sitting.
Amentum is a global company with a heritage dating back more than 100 years and delivering solutions in nuclear energy, infrastructure, operations and maintenance, and national security. Our predecessors helped build Hoover Dam, protected fighting forces in World War II, and supported the Manhattan Project. Today, our teams clean up legacy nuclear waste around the world, manage the United Kingdom’s defense portfolio, design programs and tests for Navy submarine electronic systems, and provide integrated supply chain services needed in developing countries during the pandemic.
Amentum has joined with Bechtel to create an LLC, known as the Waste Treatment Completion Company (WTCC) Join us as we make history at the Hanford Vit Plant, known as the Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant. We are designing and building a one-of-a-kind facility that will turn radioactive and chemical waste left over from World War II and Cold War plutonium production into a form safe for disposal. Your efforts will help protect the nearby Columbia River and the communities, salmon, and wildlife along its shorelines throughout the Northwest.
Sitting at the confluence of the Columbia, Snake and Yakima rivers near two mountain ranges, our community provides access to year-round outdoor recreation, 300 days of sun a year, more than 200 wineries within a 50-mile radius, and the amenities of large cities just a three-hour drive (or short flight) to Seattle and Portland.
Education: Junior or Senior year toward a BS Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Information Technology, Information Systems, and Nuclear Technology – OR – BA in Training or Education
Please ensure you provide number of credits earned and current GPA on your resume
Experience: No experience needed
Housing and transportation are not provided. Lodging and transportation recommendations will be provided upon request.
Relocation Benefits are NOT available for this position
At least 18 years of age
This position is located at the Construction Site (22 miles north of Richland) and works a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Must be able to work in the United States without Sponsorship