Criticality Safety Engineer 3
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Criticality Safety Engineer 3
Amentum is seeking a Criticality Safety Engineer 3 to be based in our Oak Ridge, TN location. The Engineer is responsible for perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing the development and design of process systems. Prepare, review, and approve nuclear criticality calculations for a variety of nuclear processes. Will support teams and work independently on a variety of tasks.
- Perform a range of calculations, analysis, or review tasks under minimal supervision.
- Act as a lead on less complex tasks and responsible for a portion of an analysis or calculation review.
- Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking work status.
- Develop, maintain, and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from quotation to final calculations and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conduct site visits, analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
- Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and procedures.
- Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work
- Working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs
- Demonstrated experience with MCNP and/or SCALE codes
- Demonstrated experience with implementation of ANSI/ANS 8 Series Standards
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related scientific field and at least 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Good communications and analytical skills; Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a DOE Security Clearance.
Demonstrated DOE and/or commercial nuclear experience in performing criticality safety analytical and operational oversight tasks in accordance with ANSI/ANS 8 series of standards.
Develop nuclear criticality safety evaluations (NCSE) and supporting criticality calculations in accordance with DOE standards and guidelines.
Develop criticality safety strategies, specifying criticality safety structures, systems, and
Due to the nature of the work must be a US Citizen
Dual Citizenship not permitted
Advanced degree in Nuclear Engineering.
Certification from a Hands-On Criticality Safety Course (e.g., DOE NCSP 2-Week Criticality Safety Engineer Course)
Familiarity with criticality computing platform selection/maintenance and Verification and Validation techniques to satisfy Software Quality Assurance requirements.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.