Kurdish (Sorani and Kurmanji dialects) Linguist II
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THERE IS NOT A CURRENT POSITION AVAILABLE. APPLICATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS FOR FUTURE POSITIONS.
Amentum is seeking linguists with excellent English skills to grow our talented and diverse team globally towards our mission’s success. We are looking for dedicated linguist professionals in a variety of languages/dialects to support our intelligence community customer OCONUS. Linguists will support U.S. military operations in Kuwait as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in an assigned area of responsibility. Linguists will contribute an assortment of language services and will be responsible for providing cultural perspective and understanding of the region's historical, political, sociological, and economic trends to select members of the senior leadership staff.
- Provide operational contract linguist support for military operations and interpret during interviews, meeting, and conferences
- Transcribe and analyze verbal communications
- Scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents for key information
- Supply a variety of translation and interpretation services for Kurdish (Sorani/Kurmanji dialects)
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must possess excellent command of Kurdish (Sorani/Kurmanji dialects) & English verbal skills; Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) proficiency level 3 in target language and proficiency level 2+ in English based on oral and written language skills examination
- Must hold a current U.S. passport. (Or apply as soon as accepted into the program).
- Must possess an active Secret clearance for access to classified information.
- Must be willing to work in Kuwait
- Must be willing to work shifts and extended hours in support of 24 x 7 operations.
- Must have familiarity with and ability to conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs.
- Must undergo medical examination
- Translation, Transcription and Interpretation
- Ability to render abstract language and idioms