Tamil and Hindi Linguist II
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THERE IS NOT A CURRENT POSITION AVAILABLE. APPLICATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS FOR FUTURE POSITIONS.
Purpose of the Position:
Linguists will support to U.S. Army operations in Bahrain as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in their assigned area of responsibility, providing cultural perspective and understanding of the region's historical, political, sociological, and economic trends to select members of the senior leadership staff.
Principal Responsibilities of the Position:
- Provide operational contract linguist support for military operations and interpret during interviews, meeting, and conferences
- Transcribe and analyze verbal communications
- Scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents for key information
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must possess excellent command of Tamil, Hindi and English (must speak all three) verbal and reading skills; Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) proficiency level 3 for verbal skills and level 2+ for English reading comprehension.
- Must hold a current U.S. passport. (Or apply as soon as accepted into the program).
- Must possess an active Secret clearance for access to classified information or be granted one prior to deployment.
- Must be willing to work in Bahrain and aboard Navy vessels for up to a few weeks at a time.
- Must be willing to work shifts and extended hours in support of 24 x 7 operations.
- Must have familiarity with and ability to conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs.
- Must undergo medical examination and meet Army MOD15 requirements.
Previous work with the military as a linguist is preferred.