Heavy Equipment Operator Team Lead
Purpose and Scope:
Supervises and operates heavy equipment such as cranes, clamshells, power shovels, motor graders, heavy loaders, carryalls, bulldozers, rollers, scrapers, and large industrial tractors with pan or scrapper attachments. Supervises other Heavy Equipment Operators in the performance, repairs, and operation of heavy equipment.
- Equipment is used to excavate, load, or move and distribute dirt, gravel, or other materials.
- Excavates or stockpiles material on roads, drill pads, event sites, and construction sites.
- Rips rock, cuts slopes, pushes scrapers, and digs sumps.
- Feeds crushers or batch plants; removes aggregate from under conveyor belts.
- Assures that machinery is maintained properly and fluid levels are adequate.
- Operator may read and interpret grade and slope stakes and simple plans, and may grease, adjust and make minor emergency repairs to equipment.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- Minimum five years experience as an Equipment Operator or completion of recognized apprenticeship program.
- Possess Journeyman status per union rules.
- Must receive Hazardous Materials Handling within 90 days of hiring and every two years thereafter.
- Must possess a Class AB Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Hazardous Materials endorsement.
- Must be physically qualified in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Must be able to pass a driver skill test by CDL standards.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.