MK-30 Underwater Target Electronics Technician II
Performs detailed testing procedures, repairs, modifications, preventative maintenance, and final testing of electrical equipment for the Underwater Target Department on the Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) contract providing operations, facilities, and maintenance support for the Navy with locations in Florida and the Bahamas.
- Perform detailed testing procedures to diagnose causes of equipment malfunction.
- Disassemble components and trace circuit continuity through stages of equipment.
- Repair circuit wiring and replace faulty components as required.
- Under supervision, perform authorized modifications, preventative maintenance, and final testing of equipment.
- Install tracking systems in direct accord with NAVSEA specifications and guidelines.
- Maintain a controlled supply area for providing needed assets to the MK 30 Program within the Range Support Shop - MK 30 Targets Program.
- Troubleshoot and repair a variety of electronic systems to include but not limited to: TOW, LRAS, CLU, lasers, thermal sights, night vision devices, Line Replacement Units for tracked equipment, fire control system and operation of DSETS.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or requested.
- AA/AS degree in Electronics or military equivalent required.
- Two (2) years electronics technology experience and two (2) years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite products, with an emphasis on word processing.
- Digital analog troubleshooting skills required.
- Valid passport and Driver’s license required.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S government security clearance.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.