Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Electronics Technician I
This is an entry-level Electronics Technician position. Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing to component level assigned night vision goggle systems, moving maps and radios.
- Troubleshoot and repair NVG systems.
- Train to assist with Troubleshooting and repair of Avalex and Churchill Moving Maps Systems.
- Train to assist with Troubleshooting and repair of Technisonic and Wulfsberg Radios to modular level.
- Interact with customer and technicians, as needed, to provide field level technical assistance to resolve problems.
- Provide technical and troubleshooting assistance over the phone, and in person.
- Perform biannual inspections on NVG systems to maintain customer fleet.
- Train to assist with performing software and subscription upgrades for all Moving Maps and Radios.
- Read electrical and electronic schematics. Trace and analyze composite video signal flow through various stages of video circuitry.
- Ensure that all peripheral test equipment and special tools are calibrated prior to use.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work-area in the shop while working on all customer assets.
- Assist supply personnel in researching and obtaining suitable replacement parts and equipment required to maintain all NVG systems.
- Vocational/technical training beyond high school and some job-related experience or equivalent is required.
- Experience with basic electronics.
- Experienced with analog oscilloscopes, digital oscilloscopes, digital meters, spectrum analyzers, distortion analyzers, signal generators, vector-scopes, video analyzers.
- Must be able to use manufacturer’s maintenance manuals and schematics to troubleshoot and repair defective parts to component level.
- Must be able to use Engineering Orders to incorporate circuitry modifications and upgrades.
- Must have the ability to deal courteously, professionally, and effectively with the customer and technicians in the field.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite to cover creation of reports and databases to track and catalog all customer equipment.
- Ability to obtain an FAA Form 8060-1 Repairman Certification within 18 months of assignment to this position, if required.