Navigation Submarine Electronics Technician
Amentum is seeking a Submarine Electronics Technician with Navigation experience to support our Groton, CT, team.
The successful candidate will provide technical evaluation and perform the required corrective actions for Submarine Navigation systems casualties in accordance with the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual and all other applicable Navy Maintenance Procedures; draft Technical Assistance Visit reports upon completion of corrective actions; assist in the disassembly, reassembly, installation and testing of the Navigation systems onboard all classes of submarines; and provide support to engineering and design staff in a variety of engineering tasks in the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, calibration, testing, fabrication, construction and operation of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems in accordance with engineering specifications.
- Install, monitor, and service equipment and systems at Amentum and client sites.
- Assist with test and evaluation, checkout, certification tasks.
- Perform validations/verifications of various electronic systems.
- Review change proposals for equipment impacts.
- Assist in accomplishing Engineering Change Instructions.
- Develop technical/engineering data for Planned Maintenance Systems, technical manuals, troubleshooting procedures, drawing updates, operation procedures, and maintainability improvements.
- Support systems engineering activities with subject matter expertise.
- Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status and inventory.
- Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/systems installation, testing, survey, fabrication, and other engineering tasks as needed.
- Comply with engineering documentation standards, engineering plans, and system specifications and test procedures.
- Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements.
- Support engineers in the development of technical proposal and provide input on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Must have an Active Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to maintain a Secret US Government Clearance.
- Navy "C" School or vocational/technical training beyond high school
- 5 years of job-related experience
- Submarine Navigation Systems equipment experience.
- Ability to support 20-50% travel.
Service Contract Act (SCA) Compensation & Benefits:
This is an hourly, overtime-eligible position that falls under the Service Contract Act (SCA). In accordance with the Health and Welfare provisions of the SCA, and in addition to your base hourly rate, you may be eligible to receive an additional health and welfare payment for each hour you work to ensure compliance with the minimums set forth by the act. The amount you are entitled to receive will vary depending upon the fringe benefits you select now and in the future.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.