Electronics Technician B - Measurment Systems
Amentum is seeking an Electronics Technician B for a position on Kauai, HI. Supporting the Measurement Systems Department. Capable of performing independently and with minimum supervision, the technician must have a thorough working knowledge of measurement systems and equipment at PMRF. Along with remaining flexible for cross-training and cross-utilization, the technician must be able to troubleshoot, repair, inspect, overhaul, calibrate, modify, operate, and perform other related tasks on Measurement Systems and equipment.
Specific assignments and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Possess a working knowledge of performing operations and maintenance of measurement system SPECTRE, SIS, LATR, ADS-B, Surveillance Radars, SNTC, PCCU and all other assigned equipment/systems.
- Provides operation and maintenance training to new, or cross-trained technicians as required in day-to-day measurement systems tasks.
- Must have the ability to adapt, work independently to find solutions as problems arise, and resolve with little or no supervision in real-time.
- Perform periodic inspections and maintenance tasks in accordance with published procedures and /or O&M guidelines. Document results of all maintenance actions in systems and equipment records.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs systems/equipment by reading and interpreting electronic/mechanical schematics and using simple and complex test equipment both independently and little or no supervision in real-time.
- Prepares and submits system reports, preventative maintenance logs and other logs or reports as they pertain to the daily operations of measurement systems.
- Installs, checks, calibrates, and performs acceptance tests on new and relocated systems and equipment.
- Set up, check out, operate, and monitor systems and equipment in support of Range Operations. Responds to changing operational requirements when directed.
- Troubleshoots and repairs systems/equipment by reading and interpreting electronic/mechanical schematics, user manuals, and by using simple and complex test equipment.
- Prepares and develops new procedures, procedural changes, and modification proposals.
- SNTC requires NAVAIR certification training. Must be able to successfully complete training.
- Prepares and provides information for system change request documentation.
- Assists with the training of new or cross-trained technicians.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel to support remote operations and maintenance required.
- Potential for at sea deployments for mission support
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling over 50 lbs. (two-men assist).
- Work positions requirements: walking, standing, crawling, kneeling, cramped, sitting and repeated stooping or frequent climbing.
- Customer contact, extended workday, confined work area, office laboratory, field assignment, and inclement weather.
- Two years technical school
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain the certification requirements within DOD 8570.01-M and an Operating Environment Certification commensurate with contract requirements. DOD 8570.01-M certification is mandatory within 60 days of employment for continued employment.
- Certification within the required Computing Environment must be obtained within six (6) months of employment.
- Five years of progressive experience in a related field with a minimum of two years of experience in the specific field of assignment is required.
- Fundamental knowledge of basic electronics, computers, electronic equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Possess and demonstrate knowledge of electronics theory and be proficient in reading and interpreting complicated schematic diagrams for troubleshooting and repair to the component level.
- Able to use, apply and understand complex test and measuring equipment.
- Must possess the following PC skills:
Word Excel Outlook Windows
- Security + or equivalent baseline DOD8570.01-M certification desired.
- Operating system certification in Linux or Windows is desired.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a US Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.