Industrial HVAC Technician
Amentum is seeking a mid-level industrial HVAC/R Technician to join our facility operations & maintenance team in Waukesha, WI
- Typical work schedule may vary based on business demand.
- Weekend hours may be scheduled to support our 24/7 operation.
The HVAC/R Technician is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on HVAC-related equipment in an industrial environment.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance to a wide variety of facility related equipment.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs heating and ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, chillers, dryers, compressors, rooftop AHU’s, split systems, compressors, refrigeration,and other mechanical equipment as necessary in an industrial environment.
- Provides instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Utilizes the building automation system to track building conditions and the operation of facilities equipment.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance on HVAC control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Requires the ability to work safely with 3-phase power up to and including 480V.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical circuits ranging from 24VAC/DC and up including lighting and load centers.
- EPA Universal Certification
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates degree or technical certification in industrial mechanical, HVAC, or related Facility Maintenance discipline.
- Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Experience working in a CMMS environment.