Industrial HVAC/R Technician
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Industrial HVAC/R Technician
Amentum is seeking a mid-level industrial HVAC/R Technician to join our facility operations & maintenance team in Oklahoma City, OK!
Monday – Friday 6:30am-3:30pm hours may vary based on business demand.
The HVAC/R Technician is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on HVAC-related equipment in an industrial environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, performing preventative and corrective maintenance to a wide variety of facility related equipment. Diagnose and troubleshoot ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, rooftop AHU’s, split systems, compressors, refrigeration, etc. in an industrial environment. Provide instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed.
Requires the ability to work safely with 3-phase power up to and including 480V. Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical circuits ranging from 12VAC/DC and up including lighting and load centers. Strong mechanical/electrical skills are required.
General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs heating and ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, chillers, dryers, compressors, and other mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance on HVAC control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent. Three years of experience performing HVAC/mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience. EPA Certification Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position will require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
Associates degree or technical certification in industrial mechanical, HVAC, or related Facility Maintenance discipline. Experience with building mechanical equipment operation, diagnostics, and repairs. Experience performing preventive maintenance on facility related equipment. Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs. Experience with basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs. Experience working in a CMMS environment.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.