Engineering Tech - Acoustic
Responsible for supporting dockside and at-sea Acoustic and Environmental Sensor testing in support of AUTEC, US and NATO surface ships, submarines, and helicopters for the AUTEC Project.
- Install, operate, and maintain acoustic and environmental systems in a real time environment.
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on electronic and mechanical equipment including soldering and following schematics.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot computer networks and associated assemblies.
- Support engineering changes, prepare documentation, perform equipment modifications and install and test new equipment.
- Work up to 16 hour shifts in an at-sea environment for multiple days during high-demand periods.
- Department Safety, Fire, Hazmat and Conservation representative.
- Department Calibration Lab delegate.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
A.S. or technical training in a related field. Formal education requirement can be fulfilled with additional work experience. 3 years of working experience in one or more of the following fields: Engineering, Electronics, Information Technology, computer networking and troubleshooting, mechanical, electrical, and oceanographic measurement. Working knowledge of at sea array deployment and rigging, diesel generator maintenance and operation are a plus. Valid US passport and driver’s license required. Must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain the required government security clearance. Must be able to function independently as well as part of a team. Must be able to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, sit, climb, stand, balance and reach above head. Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds. Must possess strong customer service skills. Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Office and Excel. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be medically able to reside on a remote island with limited medical facilities.