Electrician / Engineering Technician
Amentum is seeking an Electrician / Engineering Technician in Annapolis Junction, MD to join our team.
We are pipelining candidates for a future role.
You have a strong work ethic with a desire to be a team leader, as well as good organization and communication skills. You perform well in a team environment and look forward to unique and thought provoking challenges.
This position is roughly 75% field work (surveys/data collection) and 25% office work (report generation and communication/coordination). You will also have an opportunity to travel for short sprints (roughly 2-3 weeks maximum twice a year). We manage approximately 50 facilities in the Fort Meade, Maryland area.
- You will utilize your knowledge of arc-flash safety and your ability to develop and follow all safety procedures. You will apply the principles, materials, and safety standards applicable to the electrical trade.
- You and your assigned team will be responsible for the installation, modification, repair, maintenance, troubleshooting of temporary and permanent metering devices. You will also complete visual surveys of new and installed equipment including secondary distribution lines and circuits used to supply distribution panels, switchgear, and power and control circuits.
- Work from building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and determine the routing placement, type, size, gauge, balance load, continuity, and safe operation of electrical lines, circuits, systems, equipment, and controls.
- Determine and/or record size, type, and gauge of wiring, coupling, conduits, electro-mechanical relays, digital relays, circuit breakers, digital trip units, transformers, etc., supplying details to update the electrical system model and simulation software.
- Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status and inventory.
- Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/system installation, testing, survey, fabrication, and other engineering tasks as needed.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- Vocational/technical training beyond high school, such as a Journeyman Electrician license
- At least 10 years of electrician / engineering technician experience
- Working knowledge of arc-flash safety and the ability to develop and follow all safety procedures
- Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and polygraph
- Active TS/SCI security clearance and polygraph
- Master's Electrician license