Information Level Network (ILN)/CANES Engineering Technician
Amentum is currently seeking an Information Level Network (ILN)/Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES) Engineering Technician to support efforts in Newport News, VA.
The successful candidate will provide technical evaluation and perform the required corrective actions for ILN/CANES systems in accordance with DoD, Navy Maintenance Procedures, and Cyber System instructions; assist in the disassembly, reassembly, installation and testing of the Local Area Networks of submarines; and provide support in a variety of engineering tasks in the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, calibration, testing, operation of ILN/CANES systems in accordance with engineering specifications.
- Assist with test and evaluation; perform validations/verifications of ILN/CANES systems
- Assist in accomplishing Engineering Change Instructions
- Develop technical/engineering data for Planned Maintenance Systems, technical manuals, troubleshooting procedures, drawing updates, operation procedures, and maintainability improvements
- Support systems engineering activities with subject matter expertise
- Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/systems installation, testing, survey, fabrication, and other engineering tasks as needed
- Comply with engineering documentation standards, engineering plans, and system specifications and test procedures; review change proposals for equipment impacts
- May support engineers in the development of a technical proposal and provide input on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work
- Technical (Military/Trade) school and at least 5 years of experience or equivalent
- Active secret clearance
- Hands-on experience configuring, troubleshooting, repairing networking equipment and Windows servers and workstations
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- US Military systems/network experience
- CompTIA Security+ and/or equivalent