Radiation Hardened Microelectronics Engineering Intern
Are you looking for an exciting, innovative company with over 100 years of excellence and commitment to ethical business? Amentum is a trusted partner to United States government agencies, allied governments, and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs across a broad range of domains. We are currently looking for a Radiation Hardened Microelectronics Engineering Intern to support our customers within the Strategic Microelectronics Division at Naval Surface Warfare Center - Crane.
This Summer Internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, you will learn how to apply skills you may have acquired in school related to your particular areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting.
You may perform a variety of engineering assignments in research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operations, and maintenance of electronic equipment and systems and generally as a member of a design, analysis, or review team.
Essential Responsibilities May Include:
- Perform design, development or review tasks in specific areas under close supervision.
- Modeling and simulation or microelectronics in a radiation environment.
- Design a portion or section of an analysis or design review.
- Assist in generation of specifications and engineering data.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and correspondence.
- Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
- Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Interface with customers in design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
- Must be enrolled and working toward a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Semiconductors
- Rad Hard Curriculum
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Motivated and creative with the ability to work effectively across several different functional areas in a collaborative environment
- Well organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Ability to be a team player and receive mentoring from senior engineers and leadership
- Aptitude for solving technical problems and creating customer solutions
- Understanding of concepts, theories, and methods related to the composition, structure, and properties of microelectronics
- Must be US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
- **Must have at least an Interim Secret Clearance prior to start**
- Knowledge of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools such as: Cadence, Synopsys, Siemens EDA, etc.
- Knowledge of Monte Carlo Simulation methods and other modeling and simulation techniques
- Familiarity with SPICE tools and understanding of extracting SPICE models from components
- Some program experience with Python, PEARL, MATLAB, C, or Verilog
- Basic analog or design knowledge of circuit board or ASICs
- BSIM3 Familiarity
- Understanding of process design kits across different platforms
- Experience using modeling and simulation tools to evaluate designs