Engineering Technician I
Amentum is seeking an entry-level Engineering Technician to provide electronics and/or RF technical support in the removal, installation and certification testing of antennas aboard various classes of United States Navy vessels. Duties include:
- Perform/assist with test and evaluation, checkout, certification tasks.
- Perform technical assessments of various shipboard antenna systems.
- Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/system installation, testing, vendor services coordination, removal/installation events, and other engineering tasks as needed.
- Provide technical data reports and repair recommendations for shipboard antenna systems.
- One year of general experience in electronics, physics, or RF energy.
- Good communications and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to accept and respond to new emergent and unique project task requirements
- Ability to travel to support shipboard work
- Computer knowledge of programs including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Work/Excel/Powerpoint); e-mail services
- Must hold and active Secret clearance OR be able to qualify for an interim Secret security clearance
Desired (not required) qualifications include:
- Three years of geneal electronic technology experience
- Experience using one or more of the following pieces of RF test equipment: mulit-meters, Time Domain Reflectometers, network/spectrum analyzers
- Experience working at elevated heights
- Capable of lifting at least 50 lbs
- Ability to read and understand antenna schematics and drawings