Exterior Communications System (ECS) Engineering Technician
Amentum is currently seeking an Exterior Communications System (ECS) Engineering Technician to support efforts in Newport News, VA.
The successful candidate will provide technical evaluation and perform the required corrective actions for Virginia Class Exterior Communication systems in accordance with DoD and Navy Maintenance Procedures; assist in the installation, testing, and certification of the ECS systems of Virginia class submarines; and provide support in a variety of engineering tasks in the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, calibration, testing, operation of systems in accordance with engineering specifications.
- Install, monitor, and service equipment and systems at Company and client sites.
- Perform or coordinate test and evaluation, checkout, certification tasks.
- Perform validations/verifications of various electronic systems.
- Design and write test procedures, critique system test procedures, and assist in the development of upgrades and enhancements
- Implement engineering change instructions. Investigate systems problems and provide white papers on the results of the investigation.
- Prepare recommendations and solutions to system problems to include alternate testing to verify change
- Train others in the operation and performance of the system(s).
- Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status and inventory.
- Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/system installation, testing, survey, fabrication, and other engineering tasks as needed.
- Ensure compliance with engineering documentation standards, engineering plans, system specifications and test procedures.
- Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements
- Must have an Active Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to maintain an Active Secret Clearance.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain an Active Top Secret US Government Clearance.
- Technical (Military/Trade) school and at least 5 years of experience or equivalent
- Hands-on experience configuring, troubleshooting, repairing Submarine ECS systems
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- RMOW qualified
- Understanding of Crypto Systems
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.