Hull, Mechanical & Electrical (HM&E) Engineering Technician
Are you a Submarine qualified Torpedoman with Virginia Class Block IV experience? Then we may have the job you are looking for. Amentum is seeking a skilled and motivated technician with U.S. Navy Submarine Hull, Mechanical & Electrical (HM&E) experience to join our team in Groton, CT.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Install, monitor, and service equipment and systems at company and client sites.
- Perform test and evaluation, check-out, certification tasks. Perform validations/ verifications of Torpedo Tubes, Weapons Handling systems, Virginia Payload system and Internal and external countermeasures systems.
- Review Engineering Change Proposals for equipment impacts.
- Assist in accomplishing Engineering Change Instructions.
- Develop technical/engineering data for Planned Maintenance Systems, technical manuals, trouble-shooting procedures, drawing updates, operating procedures, maintainability improvements, and test reports.
- Support systems engineering activities with subject matter expertise.
- Assist in training others in the operation and performance of systems.
- Plan and coordinate work of other engineering technicians and related positions.
- Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status and inventory.
- Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/system installation, testing, survey, fabrication, and other engineering tasks as needed.
- Comply with engineering documentation standards, engineering plans, system specifications and test procedures.
- Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements.
- Must have an Active Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to maintain an Active Secret Clearance
- Vocational/technical training beyond high school or Navy "C" School
- 5 years of job-related experience
- Excellent communications and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software
- Ability to travel 30% of time
- Virginia Class Block IV Weapon Delivery Systems experience
- Submarine Qualified Torpedoman
Service Contract Act (SCA) Compensation & Benefits:
This is an hourly, overtime-eligible position that falls under the Service Contract Act (SCA). In accordance with the Health and Welfare provisions of the SCA, and in addition to your base hourly rate, you may be eligible to receive an additional health and welfare payment for each hour you work to ensure compliance with the minimums set forth by the act. The amount you are entitled to receive will vary depending upon the fringe benefits you select now and in the future
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.