BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY
- Assists in coordinating the company’s overall Environmental Plan with specific responsibility for Environmental quality standards.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and all existing Federal, State and Air Force laws and regulations. Develops site specific environmental programs to comply with applicable regulatory requirements as required. Coordinates with state officials in the development and execution of related permits.
- Strong working knowledge of environmental programs and local regulations as well as contractual requirements such as compliance, pollution prevention, conservation, and community relations.
- Promotes effective communication, be customer oriented, and provide quality service to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Member of a team of professional environmental engineers and technicians performing essential support services for the customer.
- Under the supervision of the Environmental Supervisor or Lead may be responsible for performing duties in the water, natural, cultural, EIAP/NEPA and Green procurement programs.
- Monitors trends to identify environmental problems or hazard areas and recommend corrective action to management.
- Provides input that supports the installation’s Environmental Plans and that complies with all local laws and regulations. Services include providing training and developing training programs and procedures.
- Participates in and attends the environmental working groups.
- Assists the Environmental Program manager in overseeing the maintenance of related environmental plans, permits, data bases, and activities.
- Assists in maintaining all related environmental plans.
- Supports the environmental team in the management of the Pollution Prevention Program (P2).
- Assists the environmental team in the management of universal waste programs.
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Responsibilities associated with administrative practices and procedures to include writing, editing, and report writing techniques, record keeping, and records management is required.
- Employees at this level perform work under the direct supervision of the Department Supervisor or Lead.
- Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
- Environmental Technician II: Bachelor’s degree in natural, physical, or environmental sciences or a related field plus a minimum of one (1) years experience in a related area of environmental management, administration, or supporting operations. Related graduate level education may be substituted for experience. Five (5) years full time equivalent experience in related environmental program functions may be substituted in-lieu of a BS degree.
- The Environmental Technician shall possess knowledge of the principles, standards, and techniques of environmental, safety, and occupational health management.
- Must be proficient in the operation of computer systems.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: This classification’s activities range from an office environment with extensive sitting demands to a field environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking. May occasionally be required to lift objects exceeding 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The diversity of work conditions will range from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to an outdoor environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards. May be required to work a flexible schedule and alternating work days to meet mission and customer requirements.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Hazard Communications Training
- Flightline Vehicle Operator Training may be required
- Valid Drivers License Required
- Environmental certifications may be required
- Information Awareness Training
- Anti Terrorism Training
- Qualified Water Quality Training may be required
- Lead Based Paint Certification may be required
- Asbestos Certification may be required
- Health Exam and Inoculations may be required
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.