Amentum is seeking an Operations Supervisor in Richmond, Virginia.
Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm; various hours may be required based on business demand.
As the Operations Supervisor you are responsible daily support activities, including:
- Prioritizing work based on the needs of the client and for the on-time completion of all work, as well as all documentation involved.
- Ensuring all sub-contractors receive required training to perform the sub-contracted services in accordance with all Amentum and client safety rules, guidelines, and regulatory requirements.
- Scheduling, planning, documentation, performance and reporting with Amentum management team and client.
- Managing, leading, and developing the soft services team through effective communication, training, and development.
- Ensuring all waste streams are properly segregated to minimize their processing and endeavor to provide exemplary customer service and maximize revenue achieved from all waste streams.
- Ensuring soft services are run efficiently, maintain good customer relationships, aiming to exceed the customers expectations and achieving agreed upon KPIs.
- Managing budgets to ensure they are properly controlled and stay within agreed upon limits.
- Providing safety leadership in support of an accident free workplace through planning tools.
- Reviewing new job requests to differentiate between in-scope and non-scope work and addresses accordingly.
- Compiling, maintaining, and presenting various reports to Amentum management and client teams.
- Performing other duties as assigned by Management.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience in a technical role related to industrial Facilities Maintenance or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of supervisory experience in industrial Facilities Maintenance, janitorial, and/or subcontractor management.
- Ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Must be willing to work overtime, holidays, various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- This position requires a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings, and presentations.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout diverse work environments as required by business demand.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movements.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Proficient in a CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System), such as Maximo, SAP, or an equivalent program.
- Four years of experience in a Lead or Supervisory role within a technical industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites with emphasis on the ability to navigate and formulate within Excel and Access.
- Experience utilizing Continuous Improvement disciplines such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, 4 M’s, etc.