Operations Assessment Support Lead
The Operations Assessment Support Lead will supervise a small team of contractor employees and manage the operational readiness, standardization, training and maintenance of assigned support capabilities to assist with the recovery of isolated personnel. The Lead will ensure deployment readiness standards are kept and may be required to deploy for short-duration operations and exercises. The Lead will support development, testing, and employment of enhanced capabilities.
Examples of Duties
- Supervise the daily activities of employees.
- Deploy and operate mobile RF (radio frequency) equipment.
- Resolve installation, repair, overhaul and modification issues associated with RF equipment.
- Coordinate and participate in realistic training scenarios testing RF and other capabilities worldwide.
- Oversight of personnel and equipment during development/testing operations
- Integrate RF equipment onto air platforms to include antenna and radio equipment configurations.
- Review and evaluate RF operation activities to eliminate discrepancies and improve operational efficiency.
- Prepare routine correspondence, Operations Orders, Operator Support Plans, Plans Of Action and Milestones, Monthly Activity Reports, Training Plans and assist in drafting capabilities requirements.
- Coordinate and conduct capabilities briefs for COCOM and Interagency
- Establish and maintain relationships with community partners/customers
- Maintain and inventory assigned equipment.
- Participate in seminars, working groups, and meetings that outline new and emerging technologies and provide expertise on their applicability to Personnel Recovery operations.
- Maintain proficiency, technically and tactically, on organization equipment
- Support test events, exercises, Force Development Evaluations (FDE), and Operational Utility Evaluation (OUE).
- Provide initial and refresher training on equipment to customers.
- Provide technical support/advice on equipment to customer.
Education and Experience:
- Experience with Radio Frequencies, Airborne Sensors and Global Positioning Systems
- Held a verifiable Military Leadership position (Team, Platoon, Company or higher level)
- Experience with the operational deployment and employment of RF sensors
- Experience with operational utility evaluation of capabilities
- 5+ years in Personnel Recovery or related military experience
- Special Operations Forces experience preferred
- Current deployed operational experience within the last 3 years.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent writing skills (Technical writing experience)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team setting.
- Deployable for short durations in austere environments
- Pass physical examination for OCONUS travel.
- Most of the work will be performed in an office setting within the USG customer facility or comparable working areas. OCONUS/CONUS Temporary Duty Assignments (TDY) are possible with deployments for short durations to austere environments.
- Must already possess a current Top-Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Must have completed a SERE Level C training course or equivalent
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.