Storage Administrator - Linux
Amentum is currently seeking a Storage Administrator - Linux to support an IT Managed Services program for a major national laboratory in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations, for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems.
In this role, you will be a part of a team that maintains HPC parallel storage systems, clusters and supporting hardware. You will collaborate with HPC subject matter experts (SME), system administrators, and partner with multi-disciplinary teams in a variety of organizations and interact with HPC customers and vendors. Qualified applicants must have the technical skills necessary to support a leading-edge computational science and engineering environment together with a strong customer service ethic.
As a member of team, you will:
- Monitor the state of the HPC clusters and supporting storage systems using software utilities, shell scripts, and command line interfaces with a focus on parallel file systems and emerging storage technologies.
- Troubleshoot, identify and replace failed hardware, implement parts replacement through the RMA process, and work with HPC SMEs to resolve system issues.
- Work with vendors in the delivery and deployment of clusters and storage systems including shipping and receiving.
- Work with hardware team and/or vendor to rack and cable servers and storage systems using HPC SME’s diagrams and spreadsheets.
- Actively seek opportunities to broaden and deepen your knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of experience OR an Associates Degree and 6 years of experience OR High School Diploma / GED and 10 years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain a TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q clearance and maintain it for the life of the contract.
- Experience with ethernet communications and related switch technologies
- Experience with NFS on SAN or other network-based storage systems
- Experience in racking and cabling of computer equipment
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing Linux desktop or servers.
- Basic Linux knowledge with some working experience
- Effective oral and written communications skills along with a strong customer service commitment
- Experience working with vendors to understand, implement and maintain hardware/software in a Linux environment
- Familiar with information security best practices
- Familiarity with Spectrum Scale (GPFS) and Lustre file systems.
- Familiarity with InfiniBand network fabrics.
- Familiarity with high-capacity storage subsystems.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.