Senior Systems Administrator
Amentum has an opportunity for a highly qualified Senior Systems Administrator to perform day-to-day system administration services and support information technology disciplines and practices to ensure the operations, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets in accordance with established standards and procedures for USINDOPACOM Command and Control Support System (C2S2) networks at the Command, Control, Communications, and Cyber Directorate (J6) at Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii.
You would be a great candidate for this position if you:
- Are committed to supporting high priority national security missions
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Have the ability to provide subject matter expertise and training for others in system administration of USINDOPACOM networks
You will work closely with information owners, HQ USINDOPACOM Directorates, Systems Staff, Network Staff, and Cybersecurity staff to ensure system/application operations and security is achieved, maintained, and reported accurately for HQ USINDOPACOM networks. The Contractor shall install, operate, enhance, secure, monitor, initiate corrective actions, and report on systems under their assigned responsibilities.
- Windows System Administration: Maintain, install, update, to include patching, and secure operating systems and applications for all current and additional assigned systems and applications. The following is a non-inclusive list of systems and applications required to be supported. Systems and applications may be updated, removed, and/or added: Windows Active Directory, Windows Server (Windows 2008 R2 or later), Windows Domain Name System (DNS), Windows Workstations (Windows 10 or later), Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise (2010 or later), Certificate Authority, PowerShell/Scripting, Group Policy, Port Security, and File/Print Services.
- Maintain the security posture and Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance, in accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) and INDOPACOM requirements. Analyze processes, assigned systems, and applications and make recommendations for improvements and automation.
- Ensure all Windows/Active Directory systems and applications are compliant with DoD Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) requirements.
- Create and maintain custom scripts.
- Ensure that all Windows/Active Directory systems are included in the USINDOPACOM Host Base Security System (HBSS) architecture and that all required HBSS components are installed and configured correctly.
- Review the security and performance logs daily.
- Participate in technical exchange meetings, work groups, and workshops as required and make recommendations to the Government.
- Ensure that all assigned systems are being scanned in accordance with DoD guidance and the scan results are reviewed at least weekly.
- Responsible for backup/restore Windows/Active Directory systems and applications in accordance with DoD and INDOPACOM polices.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of Windows Active Directory environments.
- Responsible for testing and executing the Windows/Active Directory Continuity of Operations (COOP), to include documenting and reporting the results accordingly.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, testing, and updating Windows/Active Directory Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and documentation.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
- At least 5 years of experience managing and supporting Windows Active Directory (2008 on later), Servers (2008 R2 or later), and Workstations (Windows 10 or later)
- In accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, must meet IAT II minimum qualifications. In order to meet these qualifications, you must have one of the following certifications: Security+, CySA+, CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, or SSCP
- Experience managing and securing Windows Active Directory, Windows Servers, and Windows Workstations within a Department of Defense (DoD) environment
- Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance to apply, with the ability to obtain SCI eligibility after hire
- Experience securing systems and applications in accordance with Federal, DoD, and HQ PACOM regulations, directives, policies, and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
- Experience managing Windows Server and Workstation operating systems in a Virtual Machine Operating Environment (VOE) like VMware
- Proficient with PowerShell scripting, Active Directory Service Management, Group Policy, and automation
- Experience patching Windows servers and workstations via automated tools
- Experience backing up and restoring Active Directory and Windows operating systems in a virtual environment
- Experience supporting Host Based Security System (HBSS) agents on Windows systems