Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Amentum is seeking a Subcontracts Administrator to join our Operations and Maintenance Team.
The Subcontracts Administrator performs procurement administrative functions associated with contracts coordination, vendor onboarding and management, and compliance.
- Support new vendor setups and ensure subcontractor insurance and safety compliance.
- Draft, issue, review and negotiate subcontractor agreements.
- Manage subcontractor database and pricing/rates files.
- Issue purchase orders to subcontractors for facilities maintenance services.
- Support pricing, requests for bids/proposals, and vendor sourcing functions.
- Assist in the development of team and vendor performance measurements and metrics.
- Coordinate with operations and finance teams on various matters and topics related to vendor onboarding, purchase orders and invoices.
- Effectively utilize company cornerstone software applications related to procurement.
- Perform some amount of start-up activity for new facility add-ons.
- Understand company policies and enforce safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- This position will require some overtime, particularly during seasonal peaks in purchasing.
- High school diploma or equivalent and advanced secretarial training.
- Experience: 8+ years of prior related experience with 5 years’ experience with the company preferred.
- Requires working knowledge of commonly used PC applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate strong communication skills, particularly in written communication, as well as good organizational skills and sound judgement.
- Working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications.
- Organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Three years of experience in a materials management, procurement, purchasing, or related role in a business environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office software, particularly MS Excel (including the ability to create performance metrics, charts, etc.). Knowledge of Smartsheets is a plus.
- Experience in one or more of the areas of purchasing, expediting and integrated supply is preferred.
- Maximo and Costpoint software experience preferred.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.