Financial/Accounting Site Support Analyst
Amentum is seeking a Financial/Accounting Site Support Analyst to join our Operations & Maintenance
team. This is a remote position however the ideal candidate should be able to travel to the Site on occasion.
The Financial/Accounting Site Support Analyst is responsible for maintaining the accounting & financial records of the site(s) by working with Operations and Procurement team. Analyst is responsible for preparing, reviewing, analyzing, interpreting, and maintaining accounting records for the purpose of giving advice and/or preparing statements. Positions that fall within this job family will function in both the field and telework.
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions, including coordination and administration of assignments.
- Vendor invoice coding management and processing through OnPoint. Ensure vendor invoices are processed & paid timely utilizing the accounting system (OnPoint) required to produce Client billing data.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls and preparing financial reports.
- Works closely with Operations, support financial reporting for the client, and helps maintain financial health of the project.
- Plans and directs accounting activities, including the maintenance of the ledger accounts and financial statements.
- Provides financial support including site forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget.
- Provide correct WBS/Project ID coding to Operations and Procurement for PO, On-Demand, or routine and/or special work order processing.
- Under close supervision, follows established procedures in performing accounting duties of limited scope and complexity requiring professional knowledge of accounting theory and principles.
- Displays knowledge and ability to apply standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related accounting tasks.
- Prepares various financial statements and supplemental schedules such as accounts payable, records, journal vouchers and invoices.
- Provide monthly accruals for invoices or costs not processed in the CostPoint prior to month end close
- Checks for accuracy as to items ordered and received, quantities and prices and terms for payment.
- Prepares journal entries and maintains ledgers.
- Compiles information for posting to the general ledger; assists in the preparation of invoices.
- Prepares schedules of monthly billing statements for clients and the company and/or assists in payroll functions.
- Prepare and maintain various reports financial tracking (i.e. vendor invoice tracker, client billing tracker, change tracker (CCR-contract change request.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or demonstrated equivalent.
- 2 years of previous experience required.
- Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Position may require travel.
- Bilingual Required: English and Spanish
- New Business/Start Up experience in Mexico
Strong Account Payable and workflow acumen.
Procurement and work order knowledge.
Costpoint, Cognos, Maximo, Project Accounting, Financial Analysis working knowledge.