Financial Analyst II
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Financial Analyst II
Amentum is seeking a Financial / Budget Analyst to support multiple government contracts.
Your analytical skills and ability to multitask will allow you to grow by supporting different contracts and being a respected member of our team. You will be responsible for financial reporting, program/project control functions, and contract budgeting. You'll work closely with other financial analysts, project management and contracts personnel to manage contract financial performance. Additional duties include reconciling accounts receivable, compiling monthly financial progress reports, and supporting audit data calls. You'll perform a variety of tasks in a fast-paced, challenging environment that provides room for career growth and expansion.
- Utilize familiarity with financial management, budgeting, project control, financial reporting and basic contract administration in a Government services contract environment.
- Ensure program costs are collected correctly by maintaining active charge numbers, monitoring actual charges, and processing transfers when appropriate.
- Measure performance against established budgets and analyze variances.
- Maintain Project Tracking Spreadsheets and related documentation.
- Monitor funding status, providing reliable and timely notification of funding status with line-item detail.
- Prepare financial Contract Data Requirements (CDRL) for programs.
- Ensure contractual requirements are met, and Customer financial deliverables are accurate and on time.
- Review and approve invoices for submission to customer. Monitor billing status and unbilled issues, work to resolve issues in a timely manner to manage DSO.
-Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field, and at least 2 years of job-related financial experience or an Associates degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field, and at least 8 years of job-related financial experience, Or a High school diploma/GED, and at least 15 years of job-related financial experience
-Ability to multitask, work independently and effectively manage time
-Ability to recognize and research issues and make recommendations/ decisions based on that research
-Ability to work accurately under quick-turn-around deadlines
-Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.