Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Amentum is seeking a Financial Analyst based in Arlington, VA to be responsible for functions of the division accounting and budgetary process. Using established procedures, the financial analyst aggressively and proactively analyzes and forecasts division fiscal data, programs, operations, budgets, expenses and profit and loss. Applies fundamental fiscal concepts, prepares written and oral budgetary recommendations for implementation in department budgets. Assists, teammates, management and other personnel in technical budgetary matters during budget meeting, finance meetings, and in the general preparation and administration of the budget and profit and loss. Assists with preparing short and long range budgetary projections utilizing economic forecasting and financial analytic techniques to assess the impact of budget changes and client requirements. Forecasts cash weekly and preforms DSO analysis for monthly reviews. Assist Business Unit managers with monthly financial close and audit requests to consolidate and ensure accuracy. Utilizes current organization-wide software and systems to complete assignments.
The Financial Analyst will:
- Lead Finance team members on DOS programs.
- Provide ILS with finance and business operations support.
- Generate and submit invoices for ILS.
- Support budgeting/reporting, forecasting, invoicing, fringe rate management, proposal pricing and long-range planning.
- Perform financial analysis through reporting and forecasting orders, sales, EBITDA and cash.
- Prepare funding requirement analyses and monthly estimates to compete.
- Prepare accruals/journal entries for monthly closing and analyze general ledger.
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts (including billed and unbilled receivables).
- Ensure responsiveness to program, customer, and corporate needs.
- Be responsible for overall support of the monthly/quarterly/annual internal and external financial statements.
- Support the response to internal and external inquiries for financial data (including audit).
- Prepare certain analyses of Financial Statements and Program Data for Management and review such analyses prepared by other members of the Financial Accounting Staff.
- Complete or delegate actions to execute process improvements.
- Ensure clear, prepared and effective communications to Program/Corporate Leadership.
- Involve PAE Leadership and management and in Key Business Operations issues.
- Communicate issues clearly and decisively, and with prepared solutions.
- Uses various software applications, such as accounting systems, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related work experience in finance and accounting field.
- Requires 3-5 years of experience in Finance or Accounting.
- Functional knowledge in the use of financial software applications.
- Must have experience in a financial/analytic role and be familiar with GAAP conventions.
- Experience with Deltek, Costpoint and COGNOS Financial Accounting applications highly desired but not required.
- Experience with budgets for various Government contract types: CP, CR, FFP, T&M highly desired but not required.
- Strong English communication, both oral and written is required.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and propose solutions is required.
- Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities, schedules and budgets.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required.
- Requires excellent computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and international perspective are highly desired.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.