Telesales Assoc Director, Government Plans - Colorado Springs, CO (111027731)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This Telesales Associate Director is responsible for the operation of an Inside Sales team in support of achieving or exceeding sales goals for UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions. As the Director, you will oversee the successful achievement of results across sales, management, compliance and quality metrics for your department/site. In addition, responsibilities include sales leadership, coaching of leaders, partnering across functional areas and ongoing management of the team. This position reports to the Vice President - DTC Sales.
- Provide leadership to staff with multiple roles (agents, team leads and supervisors)
- Develop and enhance sales force capabilities by demonstrating hands-on consistent management practices that identify areas of excellence and foster an environment of continuous improvement through the coaching and development of staff
- Manage staff performance by providing feedback and coaching on key performance indicators and productivity
- Maintain a positive work environment that supports a quality driven team and identify any issues that may inhibit an individual's or the team's performance
- Effectively use all channels of communication to inform and motivate staff through one-on-ones, staff meetings and written communications
- Effectively recruit and hire qualified staff and provide for their training and development. Set performance expectations and goals, evaluate performance results, provide feedback to staff and administer appropriate rewards
- Foster a cohesive and supportive team environment
- Assign priorities and make decisions that are consistent with the company’s mission and strategic goals
- Achieve/Exceed Business goals
- Execute on sales strategies to achieve or exceed sales results
- Assists in uncovering market niches and actively pursues growth opportunities
- Organizes and leads staff’s efforts to ensure both compliance with CMS standards and company policy
- Champion Continuous Improvement with Quality and Compliance
- Support supervisors in the development of improvement plans for staff
- Investigate trends, surface issues, identify root problem and collaboratively work with specific team / individuals to resolve issues
- Ensure team supports and adheres to all improvement initiatives
- Maintain knowledge products, industry and competitors
- Understand the history and general trends in the industry and their implications for the future
- Monitors and maintains market intelligence on competition
- Maintain and enhance working knowledge of Medicare regulations, the managed care industry, the competitive environment, pertinent legislation, etc.
- Understand all aspects of the company’s products and telemarketing strategy within assigned territory and ensures that all relevant information is shared and understood by staff
- Proactively share thoughts/concerns/issues with regards to the design and/or marketing of the company’s product portfolio
- Solicits this input from staff as well
- Perform other related duties as required to achieve the goals and objectives of the company and department
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of in-bound/out-bound Inside Sales management with a proven track record for results with high-touch prospects or comparable experience
- A state life/health insurance license is a requirement for this position by law. If you do not already have one, must be willing to obtain a (company-sponsored) state health/life insurance license within 60 days of hire
- Knowledge of CMS regulations and standards
- Possess business acumen and management skills including the ability to understand business goals and drive results through the effective management of staff through the coaching and utilization of their unique skills and abilities
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Live in/within commutable distance to Colorado Springs, CO
- Able to travel up to 25% time within this Colorado Springs, CO market
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree
- Have active health insurance license
- Leadership experience in a sales, production or call center environment
- Insurance or financial services industry experience
- Goal-oriented and sales motivated
- Ability to assess staff’s internal motivators and create a climate in which they want to do their best
- Excellent communication skills - demonstrating high level writing and verbal skills
- Effective as the dissemination of information and a good listener
- Solid relationship building skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $70,000 to $140,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.