Finance & Business Director
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.
We are now recruiting for a Finance & Business Director to join us.
As Finance & Business Director you will lead and manage the accounting function for the Amentum Environment and Energy International Sector and direct the development of the sector's operational finance and accounting, as well as overseeing and managing the finance and accounting personnel. You’ll act as a business partner to achieve the sector’s financial goals.
This Position reports to the SVP Business Operations and SVP Sector lead and will be a Member of Amentum U.K. Ltd and Amentum international holdings Ltd boards
- Manage the sector’s operations accounting and ensure that finance and accounting staff are adequately trained with development plans (Head of Profession for Finance); coordinating workloads, priorities, and schedules to ensure timely and effective completion of work; and monitoring and evaluating performance.
- Direct the accounting activities and practices by exercising control over financial systems development, budgeting, planning, and reporting.
- Participate, in collaboration with the SVP International Sector lead, SVP Business Operations and Sector senior management team, in the establishment of the sector's short term and long-term financial and business plans. Make specific recommendations, which will result in cost reduction and profit improvement.
- Fully engaged in the development and implementation of the Sector strategy and initiatives including M&A, Digitisation, Green agenda and Social Values.Monitor control and assessment of the sector’s G&A and Bid &Proposal budgets.
- Ensure that sector accounting practices and records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and corporate policies and procedures.
- Participate in internal audits and ensure implementation of improvements as required.
- Participate as required in negotiations with customers regarding contract provisions, fee and overhead settlements.
- Initiate financial analyses and studies as required.
- Keep current with technology changes that impact the functional areas of responsibility.
- Co-chair the sector’s monthly business review.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Qualified Accountant; Proven years of progressive accounting experience in a project and programme environment; and excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
Position will require some travel.
Due to the nature of the role and the client, it is important that all applications have resided in the UK for at least 5 years. We need all candidates to ideally be Security Cleared (SC) or have no issue in obtaining SC. A prerequisite for SC is that the applicant has lived in the UK for at least the last 5 years.
Amentum is an equal opportunities employer.
Qualified Accountant; Proven years of progressive accounting experience in a project and programme environment