Business Development Director
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.
We are now recruiting for a Business Development Director to join us.
As Business Development Director you will lead and manage the Business Development function for the Amentum Environment and Energy International Sector.
Lead major business development campaigns for the Environment and Energy International Sector. Represents the company’s profile with a wide variety of external and internal stakeholders. Position reports directly to the SVP Business Development and on a day to day basis to the Sector SVP and partners closely with account leads and the business development team throughout Amentum. Accountable for development and implementation of strategy for the sector reporting to the Sector SVP.
- Leverage internal business development function and operational capability, external networks, consulting services organisation(s), and other internal and external resources to lead major business development campaigns for the Sector to secure new markets and growth in existing markets.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and represents the company as appropriate with customers, competitors, industry trade associations, consultants, community organizations, professional societies and similar groups. Engage internally and externally to advance the company’s interests, establish relationships and brand the company. Develop and implement a programme of coordinated industry trade events and organisational membership.
- Raise the company’s profile with government stakeholders at senior and working levels and enhances the company’s reputation and image by leveraging prominent events and promotion of campaigns.
- Work with business development personnel across Amentum to ensure a coordinated business development effort for campaigns, robust pipeline of opportunities, elimination of barriers, enhanced cooperation and achievement and capture of business objectives; leverage capabilities; and avoid organizational disconnects and ensure harmonization.
- Working with account leads, develop, maintain and execute a customer engagement plan across the sector to establish relationships, understand customer requirements and enable solution development based on the campaigns. Actively interface with customers and ensures the organisation is positioned with customers on new and re-compete opportunities.
- Participates in planning for future development and growth of the company; prepares business development approaches and plans and presents such plans for review and approval.
- Stays current with the Amentum’s offerings and capabilities. Identifying/developing opportunities to apply such capabilities to customer requirements.
- Build and maintain an effective team. Promote employee engagement at all levels in the organization. Delegate portions of activities, responsibilities, and authorities as necessary and desirable. Ensure the responsibilities, authorities and accountability are defined and understood.
- Report on projects and opportunities, results, issues and concerns to the SVP BD and Sector SVP.
- Responsible for external marketing, events organisation, external facing communication channels.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ideally Technical background/knowledge of nuclear/defence, with proven and progressive campaigning or business development experience in a large organisation; and excellent analytical, organisational, and influencing skills.
- Position requires a thorough understanding of government contracting/customers and the proposal process.
- Maintains an expansive network with relevant stakeholders and understands business trends. Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills; ability to foster collaborative decision-making; and strong relationship building skills are required. P
- Position requires travel within and outside the U.K. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Amentum is an equal opportunities employer.
Technical background/knowledge of nuclear/defence and a minimum 5 years of progressive campaigning or business development experience in a large organisation; and excellent analytical, organisational, and influencing skills.
Ideally Degree Qualified.