Government Account Manager ( 603760-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be essential in delivering innovative solutions to State, Local, and Federal Government agencies that make them more connected to the world. You’ll be tasked with growing sales opportunities through strategic networking, negotiating and closing sales. Having a deep understanding of complex government agencies will drive your success as a trusted adviser that they can rely on to make their operations run better.
- Understanding customer needs and recommending innovative solutions.
- Seeking out new growth opportunities and generating new sales leads.
- Writing proposals and responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Providing follow-up training for new customers.
- Handling your sales pipeline and activity with sales management tools.
- Generating forecasting and tracking reports.
- Keeping up with new offerings and market trends through training and your own research.
- Successful completion of motor vehicle report check is required.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You make it easy for customers to do business with you by building relationships through listening, anticipating and responding to their needs. You understand how technology and services come together to solve business challenges and can explain just how in a way that customers understand. You thrive on closing a big deal but also know that strong follow-through, a sense of urgency, and putting the customer first will get you there. Working with government agencies is a little different—there’s a fair amount of red tape—but you take it in stride and deliver outstanding customer service in just the way that works for them.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Outside sales experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Eligibility to pass Motor Vehicle Record check.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Led large complex accounts and sales.
- Sold to large national or government accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.