Managing Client Partner - Government Sales
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As part of Verizon Business Group, the Business Development Managing Client Partner will lead a team of business development professionals responsible for driving profitable growth in the Public Sector’s largest opportunity accounts across the Federal Civilian market. You’ll coach and mentor your direct reports to successfully position, shape and acquire new business by solving toughest mission problems for our biggest clients. The Managing Client Partner will lead their team and be responsible for:
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with C-Level client executives.
- Advising senior client stakeholders, co-creating connectivity, security and IT strategy with CIO/CTO/CISO.
- Building trust and credibility at all levels within the client organizations, identifying client priorities and ensuring Verizon Public Sector has a key role in achieving them through successful positioning and shaping.
- Developing one-year and three-year account plans for a top account keeping in mind Verizon’s changing product suite and market landscape.
- Developing long-term account plans by gathering industry, technology and customer insights and turning these into actionable strategies to support Public Sector growth objectives.
- Developing and implementing business development strategies to acquire new business as well as grow existing business.
- Developing strategies to drive upsell and cross-sell revenue in a top account by identifying, qualifying, and managing pursuit of new growth opportunity.
- Assessing feasibility of addressing different needs given available suite of products and identifying and prioritizing opportunities for growth accounts.
- Managing pipeline, forecasting sales, monitoring progress against goals, anticipating resource requirements and planning work for your team.
- Assisting in the consultative selling sales process, ensuring customer needs are understood and met, advising on the best solutions, and helping to shape and close deals.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with business development or sales roles in the technology industry.
- Three or more years of direct supervisory experience.
- Experience managing and influencing client relationships at the senior executive level.
- Business development and account management experience across the Federal Civilian agencies.
- Experience prospecting, managing funnels, and managing accounts.
- Willingness to travel.
- A valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Demonstrable experience in achieving results in a complex, distributed organization and providing complex IT/Telecom Services to government clients, specifically federal civilian agencies.
- The ability to lead, engage, motivate, and inspire others to deliver outstanding performance.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- The ability to balance competing demands and priorities.
- Strong business acumen and executive presence.
- A track record of strong sales results, individually and as a team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.