State and Local Government Consulting - Operations Transformation (20021)
- Operations Excellence: focused on helping organizations deliver critical program by enabling them to make better business decisions on the cost, schedule, performance, and risk of their programs.
- Emerging Business Models: focused on providing government leaders with the capabilities and tools to build flexible, innovative business models that create and capture value for the organization
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to create a flexible, innovative business model supported by a strong operations foundation. Professionals will use their deep sector knowledge and technical business operations consulting experience to take a strategic view of our clients priorities, help them prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda, and maximize operational efficiency.
A bachelor's degree and 6+ years consulting and state & local gov't industry experience
Experience analyzing state and local government legislation and regulatory guidance to develop business roles and identify impact to client systems and operations
80% travel will be required
- The ability to work independently or within small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects
- Experience functioning as integrators between business needs and technology solutions.
- Experience participating in setting engagement objectives and scope; developing work plans for components of engagements, coordinating activities between work streams and identifying changes in scope.
- Demonstrated experience in designing deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and the client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation results.
- Experience with analyzing and visualizing large data sets
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Working with requirements and translating them into actionable deliverables
- Change management
- Budgeting and/or financial modeling
- Business process design and modeling
- Ability to develop business cases to support analyses and recommendations
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Trending, forecasting, or predictive modeling
- Experience with presentation and data analysis/ analytics software, including MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access, R, SAS, Tableau, QlikView, QlikSense, Perceptive or others
- Experience with digital strategy/technology (e.g., mobile, robotics)
- An advanced degree is preferred