State and Local Government Consulting - Operations Transformation (18076)
- Operations Excellence: focused on helping organizations deliver critical program by enabling them to make better business decisions on the cost, schedule, performance, and risk of their programs.
- Emerging Business Models: focused on providing government leaders with the capabilities and tools to build flexible, innovative business models that create and capture value for the organization
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to create a flexible, innovative business model supported by a strong operations foundation. Professionals will use their deep sector knowledge and technical business operations consulting experience to take a strategic view of our clients priorities, help them prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda, and maximize operational efficiency.
A bachelor's degree and 4+ years consulting and state & local gov't industry experience
Experience analyzing state and local government legislation and regulatory guidance to develop business roles and identify impact to client systems and operations
80% travel will be required
- The ability to work independently or within small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects
- Experience functioning as integrators between business needs and technology solutions.
- Experience participating in setting engagement objectives and scope; developing work plans for components of engagements, coordinating activities between work streams and identifying changes in scope.
- Demonstrated experience in designing deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and the client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation results.
- Experience with analyzing and visualizing large data sets
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Working with requirements and translating them into actionable deliverables
- Change management
- Budgeting and/or financial modeling
- Business process design and modeling
- Ability to develop business cases to support analyses and recommendations
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Trending, forecasting, or predictive modeling
- Experience with presentation and data analysis/ analytics software, including MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access, R, SAS, Tableau, QlikView, QlikSense, Perceptive or others
- Experience with digital strategy/technology (e.g., mobile, robotics)
- An advanced degree is preferred
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.