Consultant - State & Local Government (14010)
- Operations Excellence: focused on helping organizations deliver critical program by enabling them to make better business decisions on the cost, schedule, performance, and risk of their programs.
- Emerging Business Models: focused on providing government leaders with the capabilities and tools to build flexible, innovative business models that create and capture value for the organization
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to create a flexible, innovative business model supported by a strong operations foundation. Professionals will use their deep sector knowledge and technical business operations consulting experience to take a strategic view of our clients priorities, help them prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda, and maximize operational efficiency.
A bachelors degree and 4+ years consulting and state & local gov't industry experience
¢ Experience analyzing state and local government legislation and regulatory guidance to develop business roles and identify impact to client systems and operations
¢ 100% travel is required
- The ability to work independently or within small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects
- Experience functioning as integrators between business needs and technology solutions.
- Experience participating in setting engagement objectives and scope; developing work plans for components of engagements, coordinating activities between work streams and identifying changes in scope.
- Demonstrated experience in designing deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and the client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation results.
- Experience with analyzing and visualizing large data sets
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Working with requirements and translating them into actionable deliverables
- Change management
- Budgeting and/or financial modeling
- Business process design and modeling
- Ability to develop business cases to support analyses and recommendations
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Trending, forecasting, or predictive modeling
- Experience with presentation and data analysis/ analytics software, including MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access, R, SAS, Tableau, QlikView, QlikSense, Perceptive or others
- Experience with digital strategy/technology (e.g., mobile, robotics)
- An advanced degree is preferred
How youll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe theres always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloittes impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area youre applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.