System Administrator 2 (Ellsworth AFB SD)
Amentum is seeking an immediate hire for a Systems Administrator 2 to support the UASOCS contract at Ellsworth AFB.
Purpose and Scope:
Under general supervision by a senior Systems Administrator 2 or other unit manager, installs, configures, and troubleshoots computer systems and associated assemblies and provides help desk technical assistance and training to system users.
Essential duties include:
Assists with basic configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of Desktop and Server systems, Disaster Recovery Systems switches, networks, video systems.
Participates in the design, installation and administration of local systems using multiple protocols and various computer systems.
Writes detailed/techical problem reports, assists with root cause analysis and recommendations for configuration and process changes.
Installs, upgrades and administers operating systems and application software in multi-user client/server environments, using Windows 10 Enterprise.
Provides users with system technical support by responding to IT help desk issues.
Maintain cross platform inter-connectivity for network services, authentication services, E-mail services and Web services.
Perform other related duties and tasks as directed.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Individual will perform most of his/her functions within a Network Administration Office where systems are located. Individual will be required to access all network workstations for software and configuration upgrades, troubleshooting, repair, and modifications. Normal office conditions exist the majority of time; however, the position requires walking, bending, stooping, lifting up to 40 pounds, and minimal climbing to retrieve supplies. Work is occasionally performed in proximity to electrical circuits of varying voltages.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must possess and maintain a current DoD TS/SCI level security clearance.
- Must possess a current CompTIA Security+ Certification (CE) and maintain the certification.
- Trained in information assurance to DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II.
- Possess demonstrated system administration skills, knowledge, and technical competence in the management of workstations, information systems, networks to include both hardware and software. Understand network topology, standards, and protocols.
- Possess hands-on experience administering Windows 10/11 Enterprise OS/SDC as well as Windows Server 2016/19/22 experience.
- Possess a good understanding and use of Microsoft Office Professional suite of software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must possess and maintain a current state issued driver’s license.
- Must be able to live in the surrounding job location/work area.
- Associates Degree is preferred in a related discipline augmented by ongoing academic/technical training and/or certification programs specific to the work unit hardware/software tools and 2 or more years’ experience in the field.