System Administrator III
Amentum is currently seeking a System Administrator III to support an IT Managed Services program for a major national laboratory in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations, for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems.
You will be part of a team providing services that are resilient, secure, standardized, and simple. In this role, you will provide secure authentication and authorization to access data and application workloads currently on workloads, and proxy services. You will provide Windows Systems Administration for corporate enterprise or direct project systems. The duties of this role will include hardware, software, operating system maintenance, performance tuning, capacity planning, configuration management and testing.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Process Software Assurance methods to protect environments against vulnerabilities.
- Provide Windows server administration plan, design, specify, deploy and maintain server systems.
- Create and maintain maintenance routines to support operational business needs and continuity of services.
- Patch remediation for all server-based and workstation computer systems assigned to the customer support group on various networks.
- Implement approved patch management software to support manual and automated system installation of OS definition files.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of experience OR an Associate’s Degree and 6 years of experience OR High School Diploma / GED and 10 years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain a TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q clearance and maintain it for the life of the contract.
- At least 2 years working in an Enterprise IT Infrastructure environment with high level MS Windows administration and domain administration knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience with administration and management of servers and storage systems that provide enterprise-wide services, preferably in Microsoft, VMware and Linus environments.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, both VMware and Hyper-V platforms.
- Familiarity with the application and management of Windows Server and SQL databases.
- Knowledge and application of SSL Certification principles.
- Knowledge and application of Disaster Recovery strategies, including replication and backup software for the protection and recovery of systems and data.