System Administrator 2 (Ellsworth AFB SD)
*** Current/Active Top Secret security clearance required for consideration for this position ***
Under general supervision by a Systems Administrator 3 or other Unit Manager; installs, configures, and troubleshoots computer systems/enclaves and associated RPA IT gear as well as provides help desk technical assistance and training to system users.
- Assists with basic configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of Desktop and Server systems, Disaster Recovery Systems switches, networks, video systems.
- Participates in the design, installation and administration of local systems using multiple protocols and various computer systems.
- Writes detailed/technical problem reports, assists with root cause analysis and recommendations for configuration and process changes.
- Installs, upgrades and administers operating systems and application software in multi-user client/server environments, using Windows 10 Enterprise.
- Provides users with system technical support by responding to IT help desk issues.
- Maintain cross platform inter-connectivity for network services, authentication services, E-mail services and Web services.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as directed.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Individual will perform most of his/her functions within a Network Administration Office where systems are located. Individual will be required to access all network workstations for software and configuration upgrades, troubleshooting, repair, and modifications. Normal office conditions exist the majority of time; however, the position requires walking, bending, stooping, lifting up to 40 pounds, and minimal climbing to retrieve supplies. Work is occasionally performed in proximity to electrical circuits of varying voltages.
- Must possess and maintain a current DoD Top Secret and be eligible for an SCI level security clearance.
- Must possess and maintain a Comp TIA Security+ Certification (CE).
- Associates Degree is preferred in a related discipline augmented by ongoing academic/technical training and/or certification programs specific to the work unit hardware/software tools and 2 or more years’ experience in the field.
- Trained in information assurance to DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II.
- Possess demonstrated system administration skills, knowledge, and technical competence in the management of workstations, information systems, networks to include both hardware and software. Understand network topology, standards, and protocols.
- Possess hands-on experience administering Windows 10 Enterprise as well as Windows Server 2016/19/22 experience.
- Possess a good understanding and use of Microsoft Office Professional suite of software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must possess and maintain a current state issued driver’s license.
- Must live within 60 mile radius of EAFB.
- Associates Degree