System Administrator III (Cyber Systems Operator III) (March ARB, California)
*** This position is contingent upon award of contract ***
Amentum is seeking a Systems Administrator to be a part of a geographically dispersed team responsible for the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of computer systems and associated assemblies and provides technical assistance and training to system users.
• Supports configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and analysis of data processing equipment.
• Performs basic configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of Desktop and Server systems, Disaster Recovery Systems, switches, networks, video systems.
• Performs help desk, system administration.
• Prioritizes work center organization, equipment, and processes based on performance requirements and mission needs.
• Reviews problem reports, assists with root cause analysis, and implements configuration and process changes.
• Provides technical support to systems upgrades and configuration changes.
• Assists in implementing software and firmware/hardware updates. Leads complex troubleshooting efforts.
• Maintains knowledge of operations procedures and supporting documentation and leads their development.
• Ensures technical support is available for system administrators and maintainers in execution of administration and maintenance tasks.
• Uses IT service management system and ensures Information Assurance requirements are met.
• Provides Client System Administrator (CSA) duties for specific mission systems that require specialized support.
• Maintain cross platform inter-connectivity for network services, authentication services, E-mail services and Web services.
• Ensures Information Assurance requirements are met.
• Executes training and mentoring programs and practices.
• Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, kneeling, standing, and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, and must be able to work under deadlines.
• Must possess a Top-Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
• Associates degree in a technical discipline or equivalent academic, military or technical training and 5 years of directly related experience on at least one of the following systems: SAN Storage, Server Blade, SQL, SharePoint, C2ISR video data, network performance software, and firewalls, and basic database administration.
• Must possess a DoD IAT Level II (or higher) Certification and at a minimum one of the following certifications:
o VMware (VCA), CCNA, and/or MTA Security Fundamentals, MTA Networking fundamentals, MTA Window Server Administration Fundamentals, or MTA Windows OS Fundamentals.
• Trained in information assurance to DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II or higher.
• Possess demonstrated system administration skills, knowledge, and technical competence in the management of workstations, information systems, networks to include both hardware and software.
• Understand network topology, standards, and protocols.
• Possess hands-on experience administering Windows 11 as well as Windows Server 2019 experience.
• Must be self-directed and able to establish and meet project guidelines/timelines.
• Possess a good understanding and use of Microsoft Office Professional suite of software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Possess communications skills capable of writing recommendations, reports, purchase justifications, memos, and miscellaneous documentation.
• Must possess and maintain a current state issued driver’s license.