System Administrator II (Cyber Systems Operator II) (Biddle ANGB, Pennsylvania)
*** This position is contingent upon award of contract ***
Under general supervision by a senior Systems Administrator or other unit manager, installs, configures, and troubleshoots computer systems and associated assemblies and provides help desk technical assistance and training to system users.
• Supports configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and analysis of data processing equipment.
• Assists with basic configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of Desktop and Server systems, Disaster Recovery Systems switches, networks, video systems.
• Performs help desk, system administration.
• Participates in the design, installation and administration of local systems using multiple protocols and various computer systems.
• Writes detailed/technical problem reports, assists with root cause analysis and recommendations for configuration and process changes.
• Installs, upgrades and administers operating systems and application software in multi-user client/server environments, using Windows 11.
• Uses IT service management system and ensures Information Assurance requirements are met.
• Provides Client System Administrator (CSA) duties for specific mission systems that require specialized support.
• Provides users with system technical support by responding to IT help desk issues.
• Maintain cross platform inter-connectivity for network services, authentication services, E-mail services and Web services.
• Ensures Information Assurance requirements are met.
• Perform other related duties and tasks as directed.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, kneeling, standing, and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, and must be able to work under deadlines.
• Must possess a Top-Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
• Associates degree in a technical discipline or equivalent academic, military or technical training and 5 years of directly related experience on at least one of the following systems: SAN Storage, Server Blade, SQL, SharePoint, C2ISR video data, network performance software, and firewalls, and basic database administration.
• Must possess a DoD IAT Level II (or higher) Certification and at a minimum one of the following certifications:
o VMware (VCA), CCNA, and/or MTA Security Fundamentals, MTA Networking fundamentals, MTA Window Server Administration Fundamentals, or MTA Windows OS Fundamentals.
• Trained in information assurance to DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II or higher.
• Possess system administration skills, knowledge, and technical competence in the management of workstations, information systems, networks to include both hardware and software.
• Must be self-directed and able to establish and meet project guidelines/timelines.
• Possess hands-on experience administering Windows 11 as well as Windows Server 2019 experience.
• Possess a good understanding and use of Microsoft Office Professional suite of software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Possess communications skills capable of writing recommendations, reports, purchase justifications, memos, and miscellaneous documentation.
• Must possess and maintain a current state issued driver’s license.