Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Amentum is looking for System Integrator to provide support to the US DOE Office of Legacy Management IT Projects team. The System Integrator will leverage their knowledge and experience to participate on teams to develop key new IT capabilities or to modernize and enhance existing capabilities, artifacts, and processes.
Skills and capabilities needed to perform this position: Must be able to work together and communicate maturely and professionally with co-workers and federal customers. Ability to see the big picture, viewing the total systems perspective with a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components. Strong inter-personal and written communication skills. Presentation/training skills. Self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities. Excellent English oral and written communication skills. Eagerness to learn new tools. Ability to coordinate across remote team members, management, and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support project lifecycle of defining the scope, timeline and budget for a new project and then designing, implementing and testing the solution.
- Assist in refining requirements by working with stakeholders, end-users, and technical counterparts to identify
- Participate in identifying solutions and opportunities for systems improvement.
- Perform technical research and testing; provide documentation of technical problems and resolutions, as required.
- Collaborate to ensure a robust and repeatable solution. Document architecture and design of the implemented solution.
- Identify technical problems, troubleshooting a variety of hardware and software issues, and engineering technical solutions and recommend next steps.
- Create and present project artifacts.
- Prepare and present technical overviews, and analysis. Create/update technical documentation and user manuals.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering or related field and at least 7 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge and extensive experience of several programming languages (i.e., C, C++, FORTRAN, COBOL, ADA, SYBASE, etc.), computer systems, hardware configurations and integrated software application programs.
- Position may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Position may require travel.
Technical knowledge required to perform position:
- Working knowledge of a project lifecycle, configuration management, IT Governance, and risk management frameworks
- Knowledge of C#, .NET Frameworks, Web Services, or SharePoint. Strong
- analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.