System Administrator III
Purpose and Scope:
Under limited supervision by a Lead Systems Administrator / Operations Manager or other unit manager, installs, configures, and troubleshoots computer systems and associated assemblies and provides technical assistance and training to system users.
- Serves as shift lead for configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and analysis of data processing equipment. Performs basic configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of Desktop and Server systems, Disaster Recovery Systems, switches, networks, video systems.
- Performs help desk, system administration,
- Prioritizes work center organization, equipment, and processes based on performance requirements and mission needs.
- Reviews problem reports, assists with root cause analysis, and implements configuration and process changes.
- Provides technical support to systems upgrades and configuration changes.
- Assists in implementing software and firmware/hardware updates. Leads complex troubleshooting efforts.
- Maintains knowledge of operations procedures and supporting documentation and leads their development.
- Ensures technical support is available for system administrators and maintainers in execution of administration and maintenance tasks.
- Uses IT service management system and ensures Information Assurance requirements are met.
- Provides Client System Administrator (CSA) duties for specific mission systems that require specialized support.
- Ensures Information Assurance requirements are met.
- Executes training and mentoring programs and practices.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Must have an active Top Secret (TS) US Government Clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Must possess and maintain a Comp TIA Security+ Certification.
- 5 or more years' experience in the field.
- Trained in information assurance to DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II.
- Possess demonstrated system administration skills, knowledge, and technical competence in the management of workstations, information systems, networks to include both hardware and software.
- Understand network topology, standards, and protocols.
- Possess hands-on experience administering Windows 10 as well as Windows Server 2012/2016 experience.
- Possess a good understanding and use of Microsoft Office Professional suite of software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must possess and maintain a current state issued drivers license.
- Associates Degree in a related discipline augmented by ongoing academic/technical training and/or certification programs specific to the work unit hardware/software tools
- Local Candidates
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.