Information System Administrator
Amentum is currently seeking a highly motivated Information System Administrator supporting a contract at the NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia. This individual will work to provide a secure, cost effective, stable, and high-quality communications and computing network environment, system administration support of computer systems and networks; and provide computer security support to the Program Security Officer (PSO). Candidates will work closely with Government Program Managers as well as high level personnel throughout the government and industry research and development communities. Applicants must be technically strong and possess superior oral and written communications skills. This is a full-time, temporary position lasting 6 months or more.
Amentum is a leading provider of engineering, scientific, and program management support services to some of the top agencies in the U.S. government, including NASA, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Department of Homeland Security and the intelligence community.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide system administration of all computer systems utilized by a NASA. Perform and manage data backups using existing hardware and software. Provide and maintain documentation of the computer networking system. Interface with the NASA Center network organization to maintain the local area network system.
- Provide total system lifecycle support for all non-ACES and non-lab equipment utilized by NASA, including anticipating user needs, formulating system requirements, procurement support, acceptance and deployment, on-going operations and maintenance, and end of life processing.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory and location of computer equipment, maintains and document computer purchases, surpluses, and transfers.
- Support the upgrade of all computers to the current approved OS and make future updates as operating system revisions are released. Upgrade applications and virus definitions files as required.
- Troubleshoot IT equipment (i.e. diagnose software/hardware systems to determine corrective action to bring them back on-line as soon as possible).
- Configure information systems to meet government information security requirements for the protection of data and hardware. This involves applying, testing and evaluating security measures against government regulatory criteria.
- Support the update of the Automated Information System Security Plan (AISSP) and Operations Manual as needed.
- Document all security incidents and potential threats and vulnerabilities involving an information system (IS) and inform the PSO.
- Ensure that all users have the requisite authorization, need-to-know, and training before granting access to the IS.
- Work with the PSO to develop and implement safeguards and procedures to minimize the number of computer security incident reports.
- Suggest to the PSO protective or corrective measures when a security incident or vulnerability is discovered. Implement any new procedures.
- Maintain configuration management (CM) for security-relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware and keep documentation available (hardware, software, and maintenance logs) for computer systems
- Help the security staff to ensure that system media is properly marked, controlled, stored, transported, and destroyed.
- Deactivate systems from IS and inform the PSO. For example, at the completion of a project, transfer, retirement, or resignation of personnel.
- Bachelor of Science or higher in computer science related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with information system admin support of secure systems.
- Must have knowledge and/or familiarity with the security requirements related to secure systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of Active Directory (AD), Domain Name System (DNS), Group Policy Object (GPO)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate Windows Server 2012/2016 (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Windows Server 2012/2016
- A COMPTIA Security + certification or equivalent
- Must have an active Secret US Government Clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret US Government Clearance.
- Active Top Secret US Government Clearance
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) or (Net+) CompTIA Network
- Cisco routers “router experience and Fortinet firewall knowledge/experience”
- 2019 SharePoint experience
- VMware Certified Associate- Data Center Virtualization 6.5 (VCA6.5-DCV) or VMware Certified Professional 6.5 (VCP6.5-DCV)
- (A+) CompTIA A+
- General working knowledge/understanding of JFAN/JSI
- Network Engineering/Network Security – Cisco/Fortinet/Taclane experience
- Configuration Management – BigFix/SCCM/KACE/Tanium experience
- Active Directory Architecture/Engineering experience
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.