Heavy Equipment Mechanic - Bradley
Purpose and Scope:
The M2 Bradley Fighting System Mechanic performs unit maintenance on, the infantry fighting vehicle (IFV), cavalry fighting vehicle (CFV), fire support vehicle (BFIST), including the automotive, turret, fire control, and chemical protection systems.
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and removing, disassembling, repairs and assembles a variety of equipment and components on the Bradley Fighting Vehicle FOV to include laser range finders, fire control systems, sighting systems, elevation control systems, turret drive systems, ballistics control systems, electronic interface systems, and power control panels. This equipment encompasses single and interconnecting assemblies, major components, and complete systems undergoing repairs and modifications through several work steps or processes. Utilizes complex tools, test instruments and a variety of equipment to test item’s reliability, suitability, operational capability and serviceability.
- Assures conformance with technical publications, specifications, requirements and varied procedural guidance.
- Ascertains that electrical characteristics and tolerances of items will integrate with complete systems and/or equipment.
- Performs and witnesses individual component sensitivity tests on electronic equipment and systems.
- Boresights and/or synchronizes weapon, optical instruments and electronic guidance control system. Installs laser range finder in vehicle; test fires and makes adjustment.
- Performs and witnesses' alignment of entire systems overall performance on electronic equipment and systems.
- Utilizes various types of electrical and electronic meters to test equipment such as Maintenance Support Devices (MSD).
- May provide technical advice to lower-level technicians.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience on Bradley Fighting System Family required and total of 5 years vehicle/track maintenance experience.
- U.S Army MOS 63T/63M/91A/91M preferred.
- Must be familiar with the electronics system on the M2 Bradley.
- US Driver's License required; International driver’s license preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a CAC
- Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization. Note US Citizenship is required for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Physical requirements include prolonged standing, moderate walking, repeated bending, and climbing, overhead work, working in cramped positions, lifting, pulling and pushing weights up to 100 pounds. Good vision (corrected or uncorrected) and good hearing (with or without a hearing aid) required. Will work inside and outside in various weather conditions, subject to rapid changes in temperature due to nature of work. Hazards include danger from gas fumes, falls, electric shock and burns, cuts and bruises. Must have normal color vision. When performing work, responsible for adhering to environmental, safety, and health standards related to the activity, including the wearing of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Must cease work and notify lead, supervisor, or manager of all unsafe conditions.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.