Heavy Equipment Mechanic Inspector - Technical Inspection
Purpose and Scope:
The Heavy Equipment Inspector performs inspections on a variety of repairs and services made by Heavy Equipment Mechanics. These duties require an understanding of heavy equipment maintenance.
Operates and inspects machines or equipment for initial inspection to verify repairs and maintenance needed and to identify parts needed for repairs Orders parts for repairs as identified in the initial inspection Operates and inspects machines or equipment to confirm repairs and maintenance were completed per Technical Manual guidelines May provide guidance to mechanics during repairs based on initial inspection results May recommend revision to internal maintenance procedures to improve efficiency and ensure quality workmanship within Army regulations. Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five or more years’ recent experience and specific knowledge in heavy machinery maintenance through verifiable on the job experience to include 3 years recent experience in the field consistent with the requirements set forth in the contract.
- Must know theory and principles of engine operations and accessories and components.
- Must have a valid and current state driver’s license.
- Must have a valid and current state Class A driver's license.
- Must be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle
- Must be able to complete paperwork associated with vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and apply Technical Manual instructions, publications, and safety rules.
- Must be able to read, interpret and use vehicle maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring/schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Position may require travel.
- Ability to work in a team environment
Preferred Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Maintenance and repair of military tactical vehicles. This will include cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools (M1 tanks, M2/3 Bradley fighting vehicles, M113 series track vehicles, M88 recovery vehicles, AVLB bridge launchers, cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors, pneumatic tools, and a wide assortment of wheel vehicles including trailers??)
- Previous leadership experience
- ASE and/or Diesel Mechanic Certifications
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs with or without accommodation.
- Must utilize all proper lifting procedures and practices.
- Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to climb in and out of vehicles of various sizes and heights
- Must be able to work under pressure and strenuous conditions.
- Must be able to meet short suspense dates.
- Must be able to conduct work in the out-of-doors area with potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions (i.e. extreme temperatures, high humidity, rain and blowing dust).
- Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of stooping; climbing; standing; and sitting for long periods of uninterrupted time.
- May require shift work.
- May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- During the usual work period, the worker may be exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting and uncomfortable.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.